Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pumpkin Galore


 Our pumpkins and winter squash are harvested and stored.  We did well with Kabocha, Delicata, and Sugar Pumpkins. We also grew a couple of large Cinderella pumpkins (Rouges Ver d'Etamps variety) this year.  They are wonderful to cook with, but I always have loads of extra puree to freeze and then use.  I made a pumpkin cookbook last year, and this year I have been researching the food blogs for interesting recipes, and I found some goodies.  Broke Ass Gourmet has recipes for Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, Pumpkin Pizza, and Pumpkin Naan.  Ruth Reichl posts a Pumpkin Pancake recipe which looks as delicious as it is easy to put together in the AM.

Pumpkin Naan Broke Ass Gourmet

http://www.ruthreichl.com/2010/10/pumpkin-pancakes.html


                                                                                                          
                                                              
                     

1 comment:

  1. Those look spectacular! I tried growing a small pumpkin this year, but as I am at best a benignly negligient gardener, it was there one week, and gone the next. Of course, my local squirrels are not benign, rather quite aggressive NYers.

    ReplyDelete